Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2002 - From Field

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmcillin

IS-IT--Management
Nov 17, 2003
AU
Is there a way I could have a user's email automatically poping out into the From field?. This user has delegation from her boss, but when sending mail, receipients respond to the boss rather than her. But she has full control permission of her boss's mailbox.

Please help!

It isn't automatic but when the user who has delegate permissions sends an email they could use the FROM box and put the name of the their mailbox in it before they send it.

Cheers.

Thank you for that, but the user claims that before we moved to Exchange Server 2000, it used to come automatically, but after the upgrade she has to put in her name, of which she is not amused. I was not there during the Exchange 5.5 error.

More help please!
Thanks
Pmcillin

It believe it depends on how she is accessing the mailbox.

If they have full control then it will automatically put in her name if she is logged into her own account in Outlook as the primary mailbox and then displays the boss's mailbox as a secondary mailbox.

This way if she clicks on the boss's inbox and responds to one of the e-mails in the mailbox the message will show it is coming from her and not the boss.

I don't think this was changed in Exchange 2000.

The only other thing I can think of is to make sure that the FROM field isn't displayed by clicking on VIEW and uncheck FROM field.

joegz
"Sometimes you just need to find out what it's not first to figure out what it is."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back