Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2002 forces a retreiving information from Exchange Server,why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pcumming

IS-IT--Management
Jun 19, 2005
US
We upgraded our PC's recently to Outlook 2002, Windows 2000, Office XP Professional with SP2. We still have Exchange 5.5 running on NT SP6a.
Have McAfee loaded on this machine and probably on the Exchange Server as well.

We are on a new domain with our new PC's.
I think the Exchange 5.5 box may be on the old domain. Not sure. We can still send and receive email and such-so perhaps they are on the same domain. Can find out....

Issue:
We now notice when we right click on ANY Outlook folder and select Properties, that the server pops up a message that it is retrieving information from Microsoft Exchange Server "abcdefg"...................................
In this case it is going to our Mexico server. Go figure. Takes 5 minutes to come back and then display the properties.

Now we can eliminate the above if I uncheck the Server Scripting box found under Outlook Tools, Options, Other, Advanced (I think)...uncheck Server Scripting.

BUT I need this box checked since I am the admin and need to see the AGENTS tab on the folder. We use agents where I am.

The everyday user does not need this box checked.

I did make sure that we do not have MSN Messenger checked. Also ensured nothing else was running in background except Virus Scan. Have not shut off Virus Scan yet.

This happens on multiple PC's if the Server Scripting box is checked.
Note The Exchange Administrators need this checked.

This DID NOT occur until we moved from NT workstations to Win 2K with Office XP, and McAfee.

We are stumped.
We have searched all sites, posted to a few newsgroups. Others in newsgroups have had similar issues but no solution.

Thanks, Peter
pcumming@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back