Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

crs4

MIS
Jun 10, 2002
US
My boss has a laptop with wireless that he takes home and back to his office. The internet providers are different therefore requiring different SMTP servers. He is using Windows XP and I cannot find the profiles information anywhere. (I thought I could setup 2 profiles using the same PST file but with different SMTP server settings, and have Outlook ask which one to use at startup.) I'm at a loss. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

First, The new XP control panel confuses me so I've always gone into it and clicked the link that changes it to the W2K view. From there you will again see the familiar MAIL icon, from which you can show profiles, manage each profile, set the default profile. Then under Show Profiles, you can set to be prompted for the profile to use.

Also, within each profile you can add a Data File(new term for PST, I guess). Set each profile to point to one or separate data files available.

Hope that helps....

I'm like pauldes in that I find the classic view better but if you want to find the mail icon in the catagory view (default XP view) it is under the user accounts

Jim

Elegant solutions are nice, but right now I'll settle for whatever works.

My mistake - I didn't tell you we are using Office 2000. Sorry guys, and thanks for the replies.

Then everything should be the same as long as you switch to Classic View in Control Panel. Write back if you still have an issue.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back