Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2000 won't remember password under win2k 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gentleman

Technical User
Feb 9, 2004
IN
Outlook 2000 won't remember my mail server password even though "remember password" checkbox is checked. Platform is W2K. "Log on using secure password authentication" is unchecked. It's annoying having to type my 3 passwords every delivery. One things for sure though - I'll never forget them now. Any help will be immensely appreciated.

Are your passwords all synchronized? If so you can right-click on the "Microsoft Outlook" icon on the desktop, choose "Properties" twice, and on the "Advanced" tab change the "Logon network security" option to "NT Password Authentication". This will use your NT logon credentials to pass to the Exchange Server without prompting you again. Hope this helps!

Heath Racine
Principal Systems Engineer

a073235,
Thanks for your help; however, my NT logon credentials are different from my mail server's, what's puzzling me is why the "remember passwords" function doesn't work??

To be honest, I've see the same behavior on and off when our passwords aren't synchronized (Outlook 98 and 2000)), so now I'm interested in a solution as well !

Heath Racine
Principal Systems Engineer
Desktop and Mobile Platforms

HI

Try these MS artcile

Article ID: Q275465

there is also another similar artcile if you are using a pop service only.

AK47

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back