Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OUTLOOK 2000 wont open jpg attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcb333

IS-IT--Management
Nov 4, 2002
US
Wont open attached jpg files, can save them to disk if you rename them. But even then they wont open.

dcb333:
You may have a problem with file associations.

An easy fix would be to save a .jpg file to your desktop. Right-click your file and choose Open With (Win9x right-click+shift), choose Internet Explorer and check the box at the bottom that says "always use this program to open these files" and click ok. This should reset your file association for .jpg files.

Or in W2K you could open up my computer, click on tools, folder options. Go to the file types tab, and scroll down the window to .jpg and click on it. The details for this file type will display. If the application it "opens with" is wrong, use the Change button. Then click the Advanced button and check the settings there. The action should be "open".

Hope this helps!
Desiree

I verified the file associations and they are correct. It seems the system wont let me change them even if i try. The change does not take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back