Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2000 won't allow attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdrScr

IS-IT--Management
May 29, 2002
AU
Hello Guru's.

I hope someone can help me with this. Someone is running Outlook 2000 and are connecting to Exchange 5.5. All of a sudden they can't add attachments. I have put a bandaid over the problem as it will allow attachments when I use word as the e-mail editor. I have tried various attachments and keep getting the same error.

Out of memory or system resources, close some windows and try again. Her folders are empty, Sent, deleted etc and it happens every time. Any suggestions?

What editor is being used when it doesn't work? joegz
"Sometimes you just need to find out what it's not first to figure out what it is."

Did you try deleting the profile in Outlook and recreating to see if that helps at all?

Is the outlook security patch installed? I once had that on a client after the security patch was installed. All of a sudden it wouldn't allow attachments because they probably had an extention that was know to be possible virus bearers (.doc, .exe, ...)

Regards,

Shadow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back