Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2000 unable to open a delegated folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSal20

IS-IT--Management
Jun 11, 2004
US
I have all the permissions set, but get a message that says, "unable to open folder, folder could not be found". I am using exchange server 5.5. The user can send and receive mail and use the calendar, but the delegate can't. Any help?

Have you recently done an upgrade or server move?? try removing the delegate entry and re-adding.

Also - if you're wanting to give a user full permissions to do everything - you have to add them in delegates and also in the permissions of the folders. Right-click "Inbox - Users name" and go to properties - add the delegate in as "creater owner"...

No upgrade or server moves. I have removed and tried it again with the same results. I've done this many times here at the company. This is strange. All the correct permissions are there.

recreate the users profile, I have had some corruption that I kept stumbling over. Once the profile was recreated the user had access to previously denied places. Never found the cause just recreated users profile.

I found this out by testing. There was one unknown Delegate in her permisions folder. It came up something like %.@$/= etc. I couldn't see the rest of it because of the size of the window. Once I removed that Delegate, it worked just fine. Thanks all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back