Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2000 Restore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teknocrat

IS-IT--Management
Mar 4, 2002
AU

I have a backed up copy of a hard drive with outlook 2000 with all emails and settings. I have installed Outlook 2000 on the new PC. Where does outlook store its data ? PST backup was not done and now cannot be done.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Hi

If you have taken a full image of the hard drive then the pst file should be there. It's normally in an obscure folder like local settings/microsoft/outlook. Outlook automatically creates its pst file as it goes. Have a full search fr *.pst. Derren
[The only person in the world to like Word]

Do a search of the local drive using *.pst. That should point you right to it.

Lee

Hi,
Anyone know the answer to this teaser ??

Why is it, when i send an email with an attachment...the recipient only recieves the text and the attachment is missing. Please help A.S.A.P

Thanks

C.M

Cheeky monkey - true to your name! Try posting a new thread so that they don't get mixed up!

Incidentally, what is the file extension on the attachment? Some mail servers will stop "didgy" file types from being sent or received. Derren

Cheeky monkey - true to your name! Try posting a new thread so that they don't get mixed up!

Incidentally, what is the file extension on the attachment? Some mail servers will stop "dodgy" file types from being sent or received. Derren

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back