Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2000: "The name could not be resolved"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAMSNEED

Technical User
May 18, 2003
NL
Hi all

When a user tries to add an additional mailbox to his current profile in Microsoft outlook 2000, he receives the following message:

"The name could not be resolved. The action could not be completed"

He receives this error message as soon as he clicks ADD.

This is what i done to fix the error:
Client PC (Windows 2000 Professional
- I PINGed Exchange server by the name. Name Resolved
- I added a line in HOST (IP+name of Exchange server).
- Restarted the Client PC.

Exchange Server 2000 sp3 (Windows 2000 server)
- i added Authenticated Users (Full Control) in permission entries (Exchange System Manager)
- i added Authenticated Users (Full control) in Exchange server properies > Security.
- i also searched on MS technet.. I found an article q322832 about the error message and followed the resolution.

The user still gets the error message when he tries to add mailbox and all new users gets the same error too.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why some users are getting this error message?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

This is just a hunch, but see if you have lots of memory fragmentation messages in the app log on your Exchange server. This situation is similar to what happens to us when the Exchange server thinks that the free contiguous memory blocks are too small.

My only workaround so far has been a server restart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back