Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2000 PST file size 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

technidiva

IS-IT--Management
May 8, 2001
US
Does anyone know if Outlook 2000, as an application, has a limit on how large an attached PST file can be? I have users with several PST files between 600-900MB's attached to their Outlook 2000 application and I have been getting messages stating that they cannot send email since they have exceed their size limit. Their EXCHANGE account is not the issue since we have cleaned that up to be below what the EXCHANGE administrator on our network has set as a space limit. Everyone I have talked to swears that Outlook doesnot have a space limit as an application.

Help!

Thank you!
~TD

There is a 2 Gig absolute limit to the size of .pst files. But, if the .pst file has been edited frequently, and compression used, it seems to frequently get corrupted right around the 1 Gig size. There is a scanpst program that often will repair these files. Run the scanpst program, then break up your pst file into sizes no larger than about 500 MB. There is no limit as to how many pst files you can have at a time.

Microsoft has acknowledged problems with large pst files - try their web site for more info. I use the archive option to keep mine below one gig.

Where do you find ScanPST ???

Thanks DCKrowns

I have the scanPST app but hadn't thought about trying that out!

~TD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back