Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2000 problems receiving attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToyodaTim

MIS
Feb 12, 2003
US
Hello all-

I have a strange situation I have encountered and am wondering if anyone can offer help/advice.

We had a contact send several users an email that had a Word document and Excel spreadsheet attached to it. All of these users received the email, however...the users who were running Windows XP did not receive the documents as an attachment. Instead, the documents showed up in the email message as a bunch of garbled text. The users who had Windows 2000 Professional on their desktops received the attachments with no problems.

All of the computers are running Office 2000 SR-1 with SP3. They are all exactly the same version of Outlook. The only difference is the OS version. When the Windows 2000 users forwarded the email to the users who had Windows XP, the attachments show up fine on the XP machines.

Any ideas? The only thing I could come up with was the fact that the guy sending it was using Lotus Notes with Groupwise, where we are using Outlook 2000 with Exchange 2000, but that doesn't explain why the Windows 2000 users could open it ok.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back