Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2000 OLE registration error occurred

Status
Not open for further replies.

patlv23

Programmer
May 23, 2002
PH
When I try to click the send/receive button, an error is displayed by the Office assistant (can't remember exactly). Then when I try to view/edit accounts, I get an error regarding ole registration plus advice to reinstall the program. I've tried to repair the program, reinstall over existing, uninstall then reinstall and apply office update. Now the error message "An OLE registration error occurred. The program is not correctly installed. Run setup again for the program" appears upon starting Outlook. Outlook exits when I click Ok.

Any help will be appreciated, Thanks!

Try this:

Close outlook
Start-Run and type:

outlook.exe /regserver

You may need to include the full path to the exe file, i.e., c:\program files\...

Anne Troy

Hi!

Thanks but it didn't work. Did I do it right? I tried this:

C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\office\outlook.exe /regserver

and got this message:

"The command line argument is not valid. Verify the switch you are using."

Thanks again!

If you are running from Start-Run, you need to use the spelled out location, not the DOS version...

C:\program files\microsoft office\office\outlook.exe /regserver

Anne Troy

I tried that first but i get this message:

"Cannot find the file 'C:\Program' (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all required libraries are available"

According to Microsoft, when running from "Run", you must enclose a path in quotes when there is a space embedded in a long file name ie. "c:\Program Files\....."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back