Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2000 Mail to Auto-complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paramedic1

Vendor
May 30, 2005
GB
When sending a new email Is there any way i can get Outlook 2000 to auto complete the recipients name (from its address book) as i start typing the first few letters?

First, Outlook 2000 does not 'autocomplete' like OE or newer versions of Outlook. Is that the behavior that you're seeking?
If you wish outlook 2000 to do automatic name checking & suggesting, be sure that it's enabled: Tools, Options, Preferences tab, E-mail Options button, Advanced E-mail options button, Automatic Name Checking checkbox. With this setting enabled, Outlook will automatically check what you type against the names in your address book. If there are multiple possibilities, you will see a red wavy line under the name. You can continue typeing more letters until outlook figures it out, you can right-click and choose the correct one, or you can just wait until you click Send & Outlook will ask which one.

You can find similar discussions about this behavior by searching this forum & forum605.

If all the above is what you are talking about & it doesn't behave this way, then you might have a corrupt nickname cache.

Ctrl-K autocompletes or offers options if you haven't typed enough to define a unique name. Pretty sure that is with Outlook2000.

Gavin

Yes, Ctrl+K works as well (thanks for reminding me).

Had the similar type of issue, Yes thats works out great.

But i would like to ask one more question related to it, how do i remove the name from the auto list, there are two or three email address that are not valid, but it still shows up in the list, is there a way to remove a particular one from the list and if not, how to refresh the auto list?

Regards,
MJ

Well, you could read the links & search suggestion posted above to find out how to reset the entire nickname cache. You can also just press the delete key when an individual nickname is highlighted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back