Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2000 freezing up

Status
Not open for further replies.

hchman

MIS
Mar 28, 2001
US
I have a user that whenever she tries to send a message her outlook freezes up. She has no problem reading incoming emails. All other applications are fine but she has to ctrl/alt/del to get out of outlook because it is not responding. Any ideas would be appreciated.

When she hits end process for Outlook does the end program pop-up show immediately or does it take a minute? Have you tried to normal stuff. Have her send to different people? Has anyone else used that machine for Outlook? Has she tried different machines?

Thanks for replying. I finally got a chance to look at this problem personally. While I was there outlook did not freeze up. What is happening is that the message is getting stuck in the outbox. When she hits the send button the message just sits in the outbox. I double clicked on the message in the outbox and sent it that way. Is there a setting that may have been changed? This happens whenever she sends any outgoing mail with an attachment. In house emails are fine.

So it is only with emails that leave your network? You may want to look at your mail relays and see how long messages are sitting in the que. That could be one thing. I will see about other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back