Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2000 deleting attachments for two email accounts. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

animosis

MIS
Nov 17, 2003
US
Lately, my version of Outlook 2000 has been somehow "losing" attachments from a specific sender. There are close to 9 people on the email list, yet consistently both myself and my collegue have been receiveing emails that have no attachments, even though the other people we work with on the distribution list receive it just fine.

This only happens with one client, and it's confined to the two people they have sending us emails.

Are there any known problems with Outlook 2000 doing this? If so, are there any known fixes? Could this be on our client's end and not ours?

Thanks!

-Scott

I dont think there are any known issues with this.
Do you have any rules configured or any spam/firewall system funning on your PC?

"Sometimes I do not know but I try hard"- R.F. Haughty 1923

I have ZoneAlarm and Spampal running on my system. I don't think that either one of these is the problem though, since it was happening before I installed them. My collegue only has ZoneAlarm and it is still happening to him too.

I noticed that in the header of the email being sent, it says "Content-Type: text/html;
charset="iso-8859-1"

I'm fairly certain that you can't attach a file to an email that is in text format. Is this on their end?

Are the users in your company who are receiving the attachments getting the same header?
Are they receiving the attachments? If not then its not a problem at your clients end but on your PC and whomever is not receiving the attachments.
Is this all attachment types, or just some?
Can you see the attachments via OWA?
Does the message size reflect attachments?

Sorry bout all the questions, this is a confusing one.

You may also want to check if the sender is sending in Rich text format. If so ask him as a test to change it to plain or html then send u an attachment.

In the past we have found this client to be somewhat "uncooperative". As they are a VIP account, we can't piss them (or their IT staff) off.

I should mention that this issue is isolated to two users, both on the same domain. The interesting part of this is that the attachments will be randomly deleted. Some days my colleague will receive it and I won't, some days we both won't receive it, and some days we'll both receive it.

It almost seems like it's a router issue on their end, but I want to exhaust all the possible angles that could make this a problem on our side.

This looks like an issue at their end especially if you have no problems with other attachments.
Either a span catcher or the exchange client.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back