Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2000 cant send new, reply, or forward- no error

Status
Not open for further replies.

COMPMICRO

Vendor
Jan 16, 2003
CA
System with Windows ME/ 128MB, been running Office 2000 for months inc Outlook 2000. All of a sudden, if she clicks on the "new" button, or reply or forward, she just gets an hourglass forever. Task MGr sees it as "not responding" and has to close it. Can receive mail ok though. All settings and accounts are correct. No errors displayed at all. Any ideas? Thanks!

Are there any custom forms the user uses or has created? This may be a forms issue.

If anyone calls and says "I know a little something about computers" just tell them to reformat it.

I have now tried the repair and it still does it. I have also checked the setting for using "word as the default edit" and it is not checked.

Thanks in advance.

If you are using Bell South DSL, check my previous post this date. freddog95

They use a local ISP and the 3 other systems work ok.
Thanks for the input.

It could be a corrupt profile. Try creating a new mail profile in Control Panel, Mail. You can have this new profile use the old .pst file, so that no info will be lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back