Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2000 attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rae03

IS-IT--Management
Jun 19, 2003
NL
I have a user who sends attachments to certain recipients
the recipients receive the message but no attachments what could cause this?

Hi,

Could be anynumber of reasons...

the recipeint has exceeded some size threshhold on the mail server

some security program is stripping attachments or attachments of a certain type either on the sending or receiving end

Could your user embed the contents of the attachment in the body of the message?

Skip,
Skip@TheOfficeExperts.com

No it is not a size issue or security issue because another
user can send the same attachment to the same recipient and they receive the attachment.

a couple things. when you put service packs and updates for office on, it adds attachment security on emails and will strip it for you.. supposedly to protect it.

outlook express update also does that, but at least in outlook express, you can remove a setting check mark that will stop blocking outgoing email attachments.

Can you remove this setting in Office Outlook?

I haven't done it successfully. supposedly there is an admin management that can control it but I couldn't get it to work.

Let me also mention that this user can send the same attach
ment to other users and they will receive the attachment.

Any luck on this, I am having the exact same problem. One user in our domain cannot receive attachments from one user in another domain. The same email forwarded by someone else arrives to the affected user no problem.

edwados,

Please start a NEW THREAD.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red]Be advised:[/red]When Viscounts were guillotined just as they were disclosing where their jewels were hidden, it shows to go that you should...
Never hatchet your Counts before they chicken! [tongue][/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back