Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2000: All Contacts marked private

Status
Not open for further replies.

mvee

Programmer
Aug 1, 2000
US
Hello -
I have a user, "Betty", who has an administrator, "Sally" that is responsible for entering and maintaining Betty's contacts. The problem is that everytime Sally enters a new contact for Betty or if Betty enters her own new contact, the contact is marked Private. When the contact is marked Private, Sally can no longer see it.

I have checked all of the settings in Outlook that I can find, but I haven't found the one that is making the contacts private. When the Add Contact form is brought up by Betty or Sally, the Private Box is defaulted to false.

We have other users set up in the same way as Betty and Sally and they do not experience the problem.

Is anyone aware of a global or user setting that I am missing?

Thanks in advance,
Megan

The next time Sally or Betty create a new contact, they should make sure that sensitivity is normal (check this at: file->properties->general(tab)->choose normal on sensitivity drop down list->apply.

I am not sure if this will keep all future contacts as "normal", or if there is a solution for the pre-exsisting ones (besides altering them one by one).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back