Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

outlook 2000 address book

Status
Not open for further replies.

cappo5150

MIS
Mar 4, 2005
US
Is there a way to change your address book to point to a public address book instead? What I’m trying to do is sync a Pocket PC phone that has Cingular Xpress mail to sync with a public folder. But their software only syncs your address book. So I want to try to change this person’s address book to default to a public address book. Does this make any sense?

what email client are you using? Take a look at the following:

Outlook 2002 and 2003
From the Tools menu, select Address Book... . The Address Book will open in a new window.

In the new Address Book window, from the Tools menu, select Options... .

Under "Show this address list first:", use the scroll-down menu to select the appropriate listing (i.e., Personal Address Book, Global Address Book, or Outlook Address Book).

To save the changes, click the Apply button.

To exit, click OK.

Outlook 98 and 2000
From the Tools menu, select Services... , then click the Addressing tab.

Under "Show this address list first:", use the scroll-down menu to select the appropriate listing (i.e., Personal Address Book, Global Address Book, or Outlook Address Book).

To exit, click OK.

Outlook 97 and Exchange
From the Tools menu, select Options, then click the Addressing tab.

Under "Show this address list first:", use the scroll-down menu to select the appropriate listing (i.e., Personal Address Book or Global Address Book).

To exit, click OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back