Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2000 / AD LDAP / Display All

Status
Not open for further replies.

benace

IS-IT--Management
Apr 8, 2003
US
Greetings-

I have an Active Directory 2000 domain with ~150 users. Every user has an email assigned to them, listed in their AD user account.

I run Outlook 2003 with all updates on my local PC. I setup an LDAP Directory Account pointing to ldap.domain.com, with domain\username as the user and my password. When I create a new email and click the "To:" box, the entire LDAP directory is automatically displayed, and I can select any number of recipients. Great!

Most of my users run Outlook 2000 through Citrix/Terminal Services. When I configure an LDAP account for one of the users, it is very very very slow. I use the same exact settings as Outlook 2003, but the first search always takes 15~45 seconds. I've tried with both my Admin account, and a regular user account. I've narrowed the search base right to the OU that all of the user accounts exist in.

If I click Find then click OK without specifying a search, all of the entries will appear after 15-45 seconds. If I open outlook fresh, click Find, type a period and click OK - I immediately get "no results". Any query after that (until i close outlook again) is instant, even a blank query returning all results. Weird!

Because we're only dealing with 150 accounts, I'm not worried about performance. In Outlook 2003, the list populates instantly. It's done before the window has a chance to paint. I'm trying to get O2K to do the same thing.

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back