Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 200 Crashes Creating New Email

Status
Not open for further replies.

polymorphicAlpha

IS-IT--Management
Dec 2, 2002
US
My problem is on Outlook 2000 Premium with full updates (sp3, security and patches).

When trying to create a new email or respond to any email Outlook just shuts down with no error message.

First I tried patching Office. Then I tried repairing Outlook. Then I repaired Office. Then I reinstalled Office. Then I completely uninstalled Office, rebooted, reinstalled, used a completely different pst account (one which I know works...mine!) and it STILL crashes anytime you hit 'New' or 'Reply'. This has me so frustrated. Can anyone lend insight?

Don't know if this is the answer, but it doesn't hurt to try. Maybe your Email.dot file is corrupted. Rename it, and copy an Email.dot file from another computer.

Nope, just tried it. Also, that file and all others would have been deleted and replaced by a new install, which I did.

Try re-creating the Windows User Profile. You will have to rename the old profile after logging in as admin. log back in as the user and copy favs,desktop,mydocs etc to the new profile.

Daya

Thanks for the responses. We finally solved it, albeit luckily. After reinstalling I went into the Tools/Options/Mail Format tab and noticed that the message format was set to nothing. So I set it to HTML and it worked! I don't know if something happened between reinstalling and changing that option, but it now works. Strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back