Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 07 and 10 sending with CC

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrB0b

IS-IT--Management
May 19, 2011
US
Hello good people,

I have 07 and 10 setup successfully and fully functional. I need to be able to send an email to a group of people(Distribution List) and have it CC some of them and make one the main recipient. Is there a way to do this like a check box in the settings stating which contact you want for what?

I doubt there is but figured Id ask as my solution of a Dist List with all parties email in entered as the CC and the main then entered in the "TO" box apparently was too many things to remember to do. They want it "streamlined" to one click.(This is the stupidity I put up with)

Working on a script Im going to drop in the Startup folder to do it for them but having some trouble with it. Hopefully there is a way around this Im not seeing.

"You don't know what you got, till it's gone..
80's hair band Cinderella or ode to data backups???

Solution: Creating a specialized set of Send and Receive Rules in Outlook(relatively simple, cant believe I didnt go there first) allows you the functionality I needed, and even a little more.

"You don't know what you got, till it's gone..
80's hair band Cinderella or ode to data backups???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back