Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook '02 - archives and settings keep RESETTING!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shasgurl

Technical User
Mar 19, 2002
US
i'm ready to pull out my hair!! outlook constantly resets my archive name from what i've named them back to 'archive folder.' why is it doing this? usually it happens when i open outlook, but lately it's been happening from just coming out of a screen saver! also, i have gone through every single folder i have in outlook and have given them their own archiving settings, however whenever outlook gits da notion, it CHANGES my settings!! folders that have a "don't archive" setting begin archiving, and folders that archive to a specific .pst start archiving to another one that outlook decided to create!! can someone explain this mess to me??

I HATE BILL GATES. >:-<

Its sounds like there is a configuration at the server level that is overriding your individual settings. The fact that your settings are changed when you open Outlook is further proof, because the server is probably applying all default configurations at that time.

You may want to contact your System Admin to see if this is the case.

Hope this helps,
Mike, MCSA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back