Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outllook 2000/Windows NT 4/Dr. Watson

Status
Not open for further replies.

freeland

Programmer
Sep 14, 2001
US
I have a few users in a corprate enviroment running Windows NT 4 and Outlook 2000. Everyday 3 to 4 times a day they get a Dr. Watson error. I beleive it is a genric error Access Violation OXC0000005 Address 0X62735B8F. I have completely re-ghosted the drive with a fresh build, and I have deleted the roaming profile, but still get the same thing. Word is the Email editor on one of the machines. I have searched the knowledge base and few other sites on the web, but no luck. Please give any help. Thanks

do they get this message during random tasks, or is it during say composing a message for example???.....if you can, try and narrow down the occurances.
Sounds like a problem with maybe netowrk connections, or something on the sever.....I wouldnt go changing anything on the workstations as they are all getting the error, unless you want to try disabling the scanning of .dll files in your virus scan utility.....see if there are any programs on the workstations that might be causing this... Jay~

My new Tae Kwon Do website is up and running!!

~KeyTech

It is during random task's in outlook. Reviewing word doc's as attachments, composing e-mails, reading emails, replying to emails. But there is only about 4 people getting this out of 1500 user's. Did a repair on the inbox, etc. Can't disable the virus for scanning files, due to security. One thing, maybe they have some bad memory? not sure..

if they had bad memory then it would cause any other apps to crash when they are working on them....????
I think its safe to say that it is the workstations and not the server generating the errors!! with that many users, is it possible that someone has logged on twice?? Ive seen this where a user has been logged on to two machines and they get access violation errors.....
Check in Exchange for any bad mailboxes, you might try and remove and then recreate the mailboxes again for the users and see what happens there.... Jay~

~KeyTech

I am going to check this out. I will let the results be known when I find out. Thanks for the help, much appreciation.

sorry......you might also want to try logging on one of the faulty users to a machine that is good (or even just changing the mailbox name)...and see if they get errors there......although this may be awkward if the errors are not too regular and the user wants his/her PC back!! Jay~

~KeyTech

This has been resolved. Not sure why this worked, but we increased the page file and all DR. Watson errors have stopped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back