Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outline Format in Word

Status
Not open for further replies.

kschomer

Technical User
Aug 1, 2000
US
I created a table in MSWord that expands over about 6 pages. Somehow I got myself in an Outline format and cannot get out. I can display the master document, but I just want a regular normal document and not an outline format at all. At this point I am trying to split the table and insert page breaks. I need to have a signature line at the bottom of each page along with a date line. But, I am having problems because I am somehow in an outline format. Can anyone help I have never used Outline. Thanks, Karen

I took those steps, and unfortunately I don't see any changes. Seems like the ONLY way to see the data is to View the master document. Any other choices show me the 6 pages, but not the data. Even when I do a Print Preview, I do not see the text only 6 blank pages. I can print the document and see the text. Karen

kschomer,

If the data displays when printing, but not when viewed on screen then check your view options. Go to Tools, Options, View and place a check in all of the items on this tab except for picture placeholders and field codes, and click on OK. Then change your view as suggested earlier and see if you see the items displayed on screen.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back