Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outl;ook 2003 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

pistor10

Technical User
Apr 21, 2004
US
hi i hope someone can assit me. I have 2 issues with Outlook 2003 which i can't seem to find resolutions too:

First - when i reply to an email it converts my formatted signature to regular text

second - when i receive an attachment within the body of an email the only way to open it is to close the email and then right click - view attachments

When replying to an email in standard text format, your reply will also be in text format by default. You can't change this default behaviour, but you can select the mail format from the Format menu while editing your reply. Once the format is changed to rich text or html, you can insert your signature and it will be properly formatted.

With regard to attachments. You can change the way Outlook handles attachments in the security options (Tools -> Options -> Security). It's probably set to "Restricted Sites" by default and changing this to "Internet" may help with your attachment issues.

HOWEVER, and I can't stress this enough, changing the security settings to a more relaxed setting may make Outlook vulnerable to email worms. A bit of inconvenience with attachments may be worth the added security.

Hope this helps.

- Glen

Know thy data.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back