Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outgoing Trunk label

Status
Not open for further replies.

martinm

IS-IT--Management
Mar 30, 2001
GB
Hi, on an SX2000 light I need to change the outgoing trunk ID to the DDI of the extension making the call. It currently shows a 'fixed' number 01234 789123 - this would need to be 01234 78wxyz where wxyz is the ext number. However, I can't find which form this is stored in, and how to change from a fixed to fixed + ext no. value.

DASSII trunks.

Cheers,

MArtin.

Did you check the IMAT database?

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

[banghead] IMAT!, I knew I should have known the answer to this one. Amazing how much you forget when you don't use it anymore.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Imat is a mitel program that is used to program the PRI card. Caller ID is controlled directly on the PRI card. You will need to download a copy of Imat from mitel

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

It also is used if the SX2000 is using the 3300 NSU's for PSTN connectivitiy. Hopefully you are not still using ISDN Nodes.

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

There is a 3300 but it isn't in use, it's just a good old SX2000 really.

So I guess imat won't help?

Hmmm looks like DASSII trunks act link T1 trunks and not PRI. Therefore the NSU or PRI card you are using will not be using IMATS for its programming. Don't know enough to help further.

I think that you should try the CPN Substitution form. You can then specify which extensions send out their DDI, and which send out the main circuit number.

As this is a DASSII circuit from memory you will need the cooperation of the line provider to do this as there is no equivalent of CPN substitution on these systems. I believe the extension numbers will also need to match the digits received. ie if you receive 6 digits and the extension numbers are 4 digits it probably won't work as they match the extension to a valid DDI, althouh this can obviously be changed. There may have also have been a COS option to set, but i'm unsure on this and from memory I don't think it was an obvious setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back