Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

outgoing mailserver not sending

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 18, 2002
US
We have a POP3 e-mail server. When one of our employees tries to access his e-mail remotely through Outlook, I have taught him to enter in the incomming mail server as ours and the outgoing as his home provider (smtp.comcast.net). At first he could recieve, but not send mail. Now he can't do either. Through troubleshooting I have determined it is not his computer, and comcast said it is not them, (which I can't confirm). I can't recreate the error because when he is at the office his connection is through the LAN, and his e-mail able to fully function. Our e-mail server is a piece of junk, runs this program called SL Mail that stinks, and I can't isolate any incidents. I'm out of ideas, and this guy is a real ######. Any ideas would be appreicated!!
Melissa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back