Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outgoing External Trunk Calls Not Possible in a Peer to Peer SIP Trunk between NSX1000 and UCM 6202

Status
Not open for further replies.

harogie

Vendor
Jan 27, 2015
NG
Hello everyone, I have a Peer to Peer SIP Trunk connection successfully established between Panasonic KX-NSX1000 and Grandstream UCM 6202. Extension calls from both sides are perfect.
Panasonic KX-NSX1000 has a GSM to VoIP gateway device
On the Panasonic KX-NSX1000, extensions with the appropriate permission can access the SIP trunk to make external outgoing calls via the GSM to VoIP gateway device.
The challenge I have is this:
On the Grandstream UCM 6202, extensions cannot "break-in" into the Panasonic KX-NSX1000 and access the SIP trunk to make external outgoing calls (via the same GSM to VoIP gateway device).
Any quick assistance will be highly appreciated.
Thanks in anticipation.

The KX-NS1000 has 2 FXS ports. Plug them into the 2 FXO ports of the UCM6202 and let the calls from the UCM to the PSTN go out through those FXO ports. i have faced that challenge before with panasonic and have always used that approach. Interestingly, the other way it would work.

Wanet Telecoms Limited

Thanks, Omonat.

I could that and confirm but they intend to increase the number of CO trunks on the Panasonic. So what would I do with this development? Presently, I created a Panasonic SIP extension (2113) as a second SIP account on the UCM extension user (2013). With this 2013 I could easily access the SIP trunk on Panasonic to make outgoing calls.
I also realized that dialing 9 followed by the mobile number on the UCM extension routes the call to a non-ICD user on the Panasonic. I still need your assistance to solve this.

Regards

Keep learning; keep growing.

Are the SIP & RTP ports between Panasonic & UCM the same? 5060?

Wanet Telecoms Limited

I think they are the same, 35060. Like I mentioned before, extensions of both the Panasonic and UCM can communicate perfectly. The only challenge is for the UCM extensions to have access to the trunk lines of the Panasonic. I noticed that once the trunk call is initiated, it is routed to a Panasonic extension instead and the user is able to communicate with that UCM user

Did you create an Outbound Route in the UCM PBX to access the SIP to SIP Trunk?

Try prepending a 9 on the UCM for every dialed PSTN number

Wanet Telecoms Limited

The rtp ports are either 12000 - 12511 or 16000-16511 depending on if you are natting or not

The sip talks on 5060 and the dsp replies on 35060, this can be changed to both on 5060 if it’s causing issues between the systems

We provided an alternative solution for the time being because our client became impatient. So what I did was create another SIP account on the user's phone but this time around, Panasonic SIP extension on the existing Grandstream SIP extension. So, all the user does is to access the trunk on the Panasonic using the trunk access prefix (9), and that is all.
I will keep you posted once I can continue the troubleshooting.
I appreciate your inputs and will try to check/implement them once I get the opportunity.
Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back