Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outgoing Emails Deliver to Additional User

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhislop

Technical User
Sep 17, 2002
US
Hi, I've got a situation which has me stumped. We're running GroupWise 5.5 on approximately 30 Win98 and Win2000 machines.

I've got a Win2000 user "Mac" whose emails to anywhere always send a copy of the email to Win98 user "Ken". I cannot find any reason why -- no aliases, nicknames, etc.

Perhaps related to this is that Mac's Sent Items folder is always empty. Attempting to modify the search criteria on the Sent Items folder always results in a GrpWise.exe error.

I'll also throw in our other system problem in the remote event it is related to this problem. Some of our emails contain gibberish or pieces of other email at the end of the message. I have not yet resolved this problem, either.

Any ideas?

Thanks all,

Roger

Hi Roger,

Have you run the gwcheck maintenance on the PO? I would suggest that first. When selecting your options, I would recommend:
Action: Analyze/Fix Databases
Structure: checked
Index Check: checked
Contents: checked
Collect Stats: checked (let you look at any errors later)
Fix Problems: checked
Update User disk space: checked

Near the bottom, under logging you want to notice the name of that file so you can find it later. Under results, you don't need Admin checked. Hit run.

With 30 users = should take about 6 - 10 minutes. If first time running it, may take longer. Also, RUN THIS WHEN NO ONE IS IN THE SYSTEM - or at very slow times.

After you run this, go find that log file. This will give you a good idea of any errors, fixed errors, time/sync errors, etc....

Also, if Mac was ever deleted his/her SENT ITEMS folder, and recreated, this can cause issues. I had that happen a while back - Some sent items showed, others didn't. Just weird.

This should be a good place to start. Let us know.

Hi Michigan!

Thank you for your response. I've followed the steps you outlined and went through the output. It did find one Problem 39 (unknown file useros0.db) and fixed 214 outdated execution records. These do not seem related to the problem I am seeing, but I will check on Monday when my users are back.

Thanks again!

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back