Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outgoing Caller ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

iriestar

IS-IT--Management
May 23, 2002
All calls are routed through trunk Group xx. When I display Trunk xx it shows - send calling number: n. However the number is still displaying on the caller ID. Does anyone have any suggestions on what else I can do to prevent the outgoing number from displaying on the caller ID. BTW using G3v6

Is it the same number from every phone or does it change form phone to phone? When you call from a Extension (non-DID) phone what number shows up? The CO will most offten send the MAIN BILLING NUMBER for Non-DID numbers. Wisdom is Knowledge
that is Shared

Thanks All Phoneman2

It is the same number from every phone.

You might try:

ch isdn pub

Even though my extension is included in a previous
rule for all extensions, I just added my specific
extension, and a fake Caller-ID number. Use your
imagination. Not sure if this will work for calling
NAME or not. If anyone knows how to change the outgoing
name, please reply to this thread. Thank You.

Is it an ISDN trunk group? If so, "change isdn pub" will let you modify the outgoing number. If not, your local provider will need to be contacted since they are providing the number (not your PBX). -CL

Within change ISDN pub you can specify which extensions you want to send the CID, AND over which trunks you want to send it.

For example over trunk groups 1 and 2 I might want to send my DID, but tg 3 i might what to send the main number. This is useful when considering 911 service. If 911 service in your area does not show the address for every DID in your range you would only want to send them your main published number.

RTMCKEE

If is is only a few phones in question you could go to the station and on page 2 under 'per sta CPN send calling number" flag it to "r" to show it is restricted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back