Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outgoing Caller ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveSy

IS-IT--Management
Jul 5, 2003
US
I'm having a strange problem with a few extensions with outgoing caller id.

Just for a refresher the only cmd's I need to change are 5005 for the prefix, 1212 for the last 4 digits and 1213 which uses 5005's setting correct?

What's happening is no matter what I do its showing the default number as if I haven't assigned anything.

These are notes I got when posting a similar question a couple of years ago.

Go to CM 5005>00 through 14 and find one of these bins that = NONE. (or in your case the # you are looking for.)
Assign there, the 10 digit number you want to project to the network (XXX-660-2426).
Then go to CM 1213 for each of the stations and assign the bin number you programmed in CM 5005.
Also make sure CM 1212 for those stations = NONE.

The carrier has to allow this feature in the network. The fact that you are getting the default (LDN) number points to individual CLI not being allowed by your carrier, speak to them.

Ozzie:
The outbound caller id works on all but these few extensions.

imeldesign:

They need to have individual numbers.

Again, this works on the rest just not these few.
We assign over 250 DID's to other tenants.

A simple test would be to change the CLI on one of these to the CLI of a known working one and see what happens. also are the SFCs of these extensions the same as working ones?

Make sure 1325 is set to a 1 for these stations.
Also make sure your total number of digits sent does not exceed 10 digits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back