Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outgoing Caller ID on Merlin Magix

Status
Not open for further replies.

RodNick

Technical User
Jun 5, 2012

i am having an issue with the outgoing caller id on my Merlin Magix system. When anyone makes an outgoing call the main number is showing at the far end rather than their individual DID. I have the programming set to send "base number plus extension" but the main number is still showing. Is their something Im missing?

In PRI you have to number each bchannel with the 6 digits that make up the area code and exchange number

If you print PRI and find that all b channels are number correctly with ac+exchange then the issue could be your carrier. You may have to call them to program to allow to send the ID for the DID numbers that you own.

Your provider may have programmed their Central Office switch to always pass the BTN along, no matter what the Magix sends.

I [love2] "FEATURE 00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back