Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outgoing call is showing as Answered while it is still ringing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

steeviet

IS-IT--Management
Jun 27, 2003
GB
I wrote a dialler program a while back that calls customers in our CRM system automatically. This uses MiTAI to connect to our 3300 (now MCD 4.2 SP2 PR1), dial and control the calls.

We've recently upgraded from an older 3300 to one capable of supporting the current firmware, since then as soon as an outbound external call connects MiTAI reports it as answered, i.e. while the phone is still ringing. If I make an internal call MiTAI correctly reports answered only when the recipient picks up the phone.

I've been digging around and the problem looks like the circuit descriptor "Fake Answer Supervision After Outpulsing" is set incorrectly, or that the COS option "Suppress Simulated CCM (Call Connect Message) after ISDN Progress" is wrong. I've tried changing the COS option for the trunk but it had no affect, and the fake answer supervision doesn't exist on the "MSDN-DPNSS-DASSII Trunk Circuit Descriptor" form that describes our trunk circuits. We have 3 digital links through Universal E1 interfaces to the PSTN.

Apart from this the phone system appears to be working fine. This problem is stopping the dialler software from hanging up after a suitable ringing time, but allowing the rep to cancel the call either far too early or far too late. Both of which cause a problem.

This was working with the old 3300 so I assume the trunks are somehow misconfigured. Does anyone have any idea how I could fix this?

Oh, and please warn me if a configuration change might disconnect curent calls...

Steve.

Has anyone got any ideas? I haven't been ablt to get any further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back