Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OutDial Question 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

StevenA1

MIS
Apr 7, 2005
US
Hello,

I need some help on OutDial, I have setup a CCR which when the AA picks up, I can press #1 and it will call the external number, but I do not what to change the AA recording. I have three users that moved out of this office, and they get a lot of calls from important clients, we do not want to give all those clients the new numbers they are at, as this is a temp setup.

I would like when the clients call in the AA, they dial the users cureent Ext number and the voicemail kicks in, (as we have unplugged the phone)I would like in the voicemail to tell the clients to press #1 to call the new users number. I have not figured out how to do this. I would think it would be possible.

Any help would be really great!

Thanks

Why not press 7 from the mailbox for outbound transfer

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

I have tried that, when I press 7, or any numbers when the voicemail is playing, it does nothing.

Just a dum question did you program the telephone number to be called in the mailbox?

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

That is not a dum question as you say. I'm not a NorStar phone tech, I'm a Network Admin that was told to manage the phone system as well.

Everything I have learn was from this site, or just by looking around on the system.

So I'm not sure what you mean program the tele number to be called in the mailbox? I added the number in the CCR tree and was able to call that from AA. I do not see a location to put a number in the mailbox.

first you will need to go to the cos section and allow outbound transfer for the cos assigned to the mailbox in question
then go into the mailbox programming and make sure it has a line or pool assigned to it

then go into the mailbox itself and go to admin (listen for the prompts)
then outbound transfer
(again follow the prompts)
if your system has link transfer capability dial "#532" then the cell number this will put a link before the number

now when someone goes into the mailbox you can tell them "to reach my cell phone press 7"

mike

Hello,

Thanks for all your help, that has solved my issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back