Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outdial on Intuity doesn't work 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbaphone

Technical User
Aug 4, 2003
US
I am fairly new to Avaya and Intuity. I managed to get the C-Lan integration working, but the outdial function doesn't work. I can test it and it works fine using the TEST OUT-DIAL command. I have made the settings as per Avaya's web-site (and other information I got from this forum). My Message Manager and my VM profile agree on the digits to be dialed, but nothing happens.

VM profile allows outdial.

Also, on Message Manager, I try to listen to VM over a phone instead of PC, but I get an error "No Resources Available". Could these be related?

Do a "list trace station xxxx" on the voicemail port (use the extension for that port) that you are using for testing the outcalling. That should give you a little more information.

If you get nothing returned on the trace, that means that Audix is not even able to transfer the call to the switch.

If you get some results returned, you're getting to the switch which means your problem is somewhere in the PBX. It should return something that will point you in the right direction.

Post your results and we'll go from there.

Mike

Does outcalling work for anyone?

Da-vi'do
P.S. For the best response to a question, read FAQ222-2244. Also give the type & version of your voice mail & pbx & preview your post to make sure it is complete & understandable. Please answer all questions so that I may have the info to assist you. Leaving a post on how you fixed the problem will also be appreciated.

The problem is probably in your PBX. First, find your voicemail hunt group by typing, "list hunt". It is usually hunt group 99. Then type, "display hunt xx" where xx is the hunt group number.

Go to the page with the members and write down the extension numbers of the voicemail ports.

Then, type "display station xxxx" where xxxx is an extension of one of the voicemail ports. Look at the COR field. If that COR is one that restricts calls to outside phone numbers, then the outcalling will never work. You will probably have to modify the Voicemail ports to have a COR with less restrictions, or modify the COR of the voicemail ports to have a higher FRL. Either way, make sure you are not affecting other stations when you change the COR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back