Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outcalling to Multiple Cell Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

cholbro

Technical User
Nov 18, 2002
US
Is it possible to provide outcalling to multiple cell phones in 15 minute increments on an Octel 250 load 02.03.03.1.

We have multiple techs on-call and would like this feature to allow some redundacy without having everyone call in at the same time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cholbro

If you have feature bit 22 - Forms Mailbox turned on in menu 13-7 then you can add a type 10 mailbox. this will allow you to have a person leave a message and have it sent to 3 or more mailboxes at the same time (sent to a type 11). And then have each type 11 setup to outcall at different intervals.

If you do not have this feature than it can't be done.

The other thing you may want to look at is to use a Mutare application that will allow the outside caller to use mobile path or connect.

This would allow a caller to press a key and be put on hold and the application would dial the first person on call. If the first person does not answer then it will try the 2nd number and so forth.

If you need more help let me know

Ken Means

The Forms Mailbox (type 10) is a good work around. The only problem is that if you do have the feature bit, the Transcriber Mailbox (type 11) outcalling interval can only be set for Immediate, 1 hour , 2 hour, 4 hour, 1 day , or Never. You couldn't really do a 15 minute interval.

The other options would be to use a Mutare application like Ken Means suggests or find another Avaya BusinessPartner to write a custom OctelDesigner application to do the outcalling.

Another possibility is to use an Octel 200 to do the outcalling. This was a standard feature in the system.

Ken

We do have the feature bit 22 - Forms Mailbox turned on. I did create both the type 10 mailbox as well as a couple of type 11 mailboxs. When setting up the transcriber boxes the notification options I was provided with were: immediately, in one hour, in two hours and I believe in four hours. Is there a way I can I shorten these intervals?

Also is there anything else you can tell me about this Mutare application...cost, integration, where I can find it?

Thanks again for all your help.

cholbro

Joe do you or do you know a business partner that writes these custom OctelDesigner applications?

Sorry as Joeoctel said you can only tell it to outcall immediately or one hour and so on.

The link to the info is below. We sell the app but i don't know what the pricing is. You will need to have a lan card in the Octel and you may have to upgrade the software on the 250 also unless you already have the OAS software for the Octel.

Ken Means

The company I work for sells Mutare applications as well as writing custom applications when needed. I would first recommend that you look and see if the link that Ken Means provided will do what you are looking for. If so then it probably makes sense to go that direction.

The other thing to consider is if you have all the necessary software and hardware to implement the application as Ken Means mentions. You will need to have the LAN card and some other feature bits and Client Access licenses along with upgrading to software release A.3.11. You would also need a server running Windows 2000 Server to act as the Octel Access Server.

Chuck

Thank you all for your contributions! I have been successful setting this feature up using the work around Ken suggested. The one question I still have is that after the message has been cleared/recieved by one of the oncall techs is there anyway to get it to stop ringing the backup oncall phones without having to listen to it?

Thanks,
cholbro

No, not that I know of. That is the other drawback. Since the message is put into the Transcriber mailboxes, they act independently from one another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back