Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outcalling at a user's mailbox 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

retiredtelco

Technical User
Jul 27, 2008
US
Partner ACS R6.0 Partner Mail VS R4.0. Can a user set up outcalling at their own mailbox? Can they turn it on an off by dialing into their own mailbox. I have a client that wants to be able to receive a notification of a voice mail message left in their mailbox. I would like for them to be able to turn in on and off when ever they leave their office. The outcalling telephone would be the users cell phone number.

Thank you TTT. Outcalling does not seem to be that intuitive. The user cannot turn it on or turn it off at the push of a button. I was hoping it would allow the user to push a button, travel away from their office and receive notification that they have a voice mail sitting in their VM box.

I will have to sell them on the idea of Calling forwarding.

Once it set-up, it can easily be turned on and off via there mailbox. So, they can even turn it on/off when away from the office by accessing their mailbox. It can be a pain to get it initially set-up, but it saves all the settings so once you have them in there it is easy to manage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back