Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outcall feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomVH

Technical User
May 22, 2007
US
I have an Octel 250. We used to have a voicemail box setup that dialed a cell phone whenever a message was left in the voicemail box. That voicemail box was deleted long ago. Now, we have a need to do the same thing with a different voicemail box. I've tried to set this up but to no avail. Any help?

is outcall turned on in the COS of the of the mailbox ? do you have a port or more than one with o set to yes ? Do you get error messages that says attempts to call you have been unsuccessful ?

in personal options did you make sure that you turned on out call under option 1 ?

And are you sure the outcall schedule is set to the right times ?

Do the ports connected to the octel have the ability to make outside calls to that number ?

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Thanks for the reply. I really don't know very much about this system at all. Basically, all I have ever done with it is to add and remove mailboxes as folks come and go.

I checked the COS for this mailbox and it is set to 17. When I look at COS 17, its name is Basic/outcall. On page 2 of that COS Profile, the Type of Outcalling is set to a 3 - Long distance, Outcall Control is a 3 - Full User Control, and Notification Failure Message is set to a Y.

Since this used to function, I assume the port(s) are setup with at least one with 'o' set to 'yes.' Where can I confirm this?

Looking at the Status Log (13 --> 2), all I see is a Bad Password Attempt. Is there somewhere else I should be looking?

Where do I turn on out call under option 1? Is this the personal options when connecting to the mailbox? If so, I didn't find that feature under option 1 anywhere. Where should Ii be looking?

Where would I be looking for an outcall schedule? We would want this to outcall to the cell phone number at all times.

Again, since this used to function and nothing has been changed other than deleting the voicemail box that used to outcall correctly, I can only assume that the ports connected to the Octel have the ability to make outside calls to that number. I can dial that number from my desk which connects to the same switch - a Definity. Where would I look to verify this?

Sorry for not being very litterate, Ken. Like I said, this was setup long ago and I inherited it to add/delete mailboxes.

Thanks, again.
tom

I am a bit closer but still no cigar. I found that the system does eventually outcall the cell phone number that I have setup for this mailbox. However, it waited for two hours before it did it. I also found that messages left during the evening were not called until 8:00am in the morning. I then looked at Outcalling Parameters. The Start Timne was set to 8:00A and the Stop Time was set to 5:00P. I changed those to show the Start of 12:00A and the Stop of 11:59P. Is this correct to be notified all day? I also saw Outcall Interval was set at 2 - Two Hours. I changed this to 5 - Immediate. I thought this would work but when I tried it, it still didn't outcall the cell phone. Is there some sort of re-initialization that needs to be completed?

Can anyone lead me in the right direction from here?

Thanks-
tom

you need to call into the mailbox and use the personal options to set the schedule up for out calling

SETTING MESSAGE NOTIFICATION
Set outcall notification
? From the main menu, press 4 –1
? Turn on notification, press 1
Turn off notification, press 2
Set your outcall notification schedule
? From the main menu, press 4 – 4
? Choose schedule:
1 1st schedule
2 2nd schedule
3 Temporary schedule

Ken Means

And that works perfectly!!! Thanks for the help, Ken.

Well just remember us if you need any work done on it or are looking to replace it.

Ken Means

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back