Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outbound Zap works, Inbound not detected

Status
Not open for further replies.

FortKnox

Technical User
May 10, 2004
US
I can place calls out all 4 of zap channels just fine.

When the channels are called they get routed straight to voicemail....this has been running along just fine for 2 years, until lastnight.

When I do a "asterisk -r -vvvvv" and I call any of the zap channels, there is no activity in the console.

I did a "zap show channels" - everything says OK
I did a "service asterisk restart" - that didnt help.

I rebooted the server, and now it works.

Any suggestions?

I have seen this happen on a new install of PRI hardware. Reboot of the system was the only fix, even though everything apeared to be functional.

Have not seen it happen after all had been working though.

Yeah, that sucks. I am little gun shy now, because, like I said, the system has just been sitting in our rack just answering and recording calls for 2 years now, and then about 2 days ago it stopped answering, I could SSH to it but after putting in my username and password the system just hung, the web interface would come up, but again hang when logging in - rebooted - that fixed it for 24 hours - then it stopped detecting inbound zap calls but all the other vitals looked good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back