Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outbound VPN from behing LAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

COMPUTERTECH33

IS-IT--Management
Dec 14, 2005
US
Hi all. I have a 2610 that has a persistent VPN connection to our HQ via a PIX. I need the members of the 2610 LAN to be able to make outbound VPN connections to all Internet hosts. This is used to allow vendors access to their corporate networks when they are at our locations.

Has anyone done this before?

Hello
Who's handling the tunnels,the pix or 2610?To allow the vendors VPN access back to their coporate networks,you will have to build tunnels on the PIX or 2610 to all needed networks.Another solution would be to have the vendors install Cisco VPN client on their Laptops.
Regards

The 2610 handles the tunnels. Can I just allow all LAN ip addresses to use outbound VPN?

Hello
Yes!This is possible.You can make a crpyto map for the interesting traffic.When the "LAN ip addresses"need to speak with the corporate network,the 2610 will build the tunnel.
Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back