Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outbound dialing from remote Free PBX system to IPO 9.0 with short code to system dialtone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffthephoneguy

Programmer
Jul 20, 2009
US
I haven't done this in ages, but how can I set up a short code that give me system dial tone to access outbound dialing from a remote Free PBX system connected thru SIP?

Jeff
"the phone guy"
ACSS-SME
APSS-SME

Won't happen, But SIP calls dont need dialtone, the dialtone is locally generated for phones as people have come to expect it, not relevant to trunks. The dialtone would come from the other system which would then dial to the IPO through the trunk. :)

I found a solution, and the programming is on the Free PBX side not the Avaya. But there was a way to access system/intercom dialtone remotely. Like you have when you create a Breakout on a SCN between to systems.

Jeff
"the phone guy"
ACSS-SME
APSS-SME

Mobility does that, but it's user authenticated, cant be done with general trunk to trunk calls :)

You should get dial tone if you lead the call from the remote PBX into an ARS table with secondary dial tone enabled

You can't, SIP calls can't collect digits as dialled, won't work :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back