Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outbound dialer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demce0501

Technical User
Jul 11, 2013
US
Running IPO 8.1 with VM Pro..

I'm looking for a way for the system to call multiple customers with an alert, like a reverse 911 that schools do to notify students of closings.

Can IPO/VMPro do this? I saw an action in VM Pro for Predictive Call Script that is supposed to work with Outbound Contact Express. Does anyone have any experience with this? Is this a good solution?

Depends what you're gonna use it for and how many calls are we talking about?

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Would probably be a few hundred calls possibly more. I have three PRI's, was thinking of utilizing 20 channels or so from one of them for outbound calling.

You need a dedicated dialler for that kind of thing, no way VM Pro can do that amount of calls effectivly :)

By saying VM Pro can't handle that kind of volume, is that saying that Outbound Contact Express wouldn't be able to handle it either? Was curious about what that program could do. Doesn't sound like anyone has any experience with it.

Outbound Contact Express should probably handle it, just looked at it but never used it. Haven't heard of anyone using it.

I've only used dialers in IPOCC and that should have no problems handling it.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back