Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outbound Caller ID on SIP Trunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

bernie4321

IS-IT--Management
Oct 31, 2007
GB
Hi

We are migrating our OfficeServ 7200 firmware 14.06.05 V4.80 from ISDN to SIP trunks.

We are taking it step by step by setting up the trunks, then moving one set of ISDN's over then the other set.

We present one single outbound number for all calls (despite having DDI's for most extensions). We will initially route all outbound calls through the SIP trunks however we will initially be assigned a random number for the outbound calls but don't want to present this when calling. Our SIP provider says that it maybe best to see if we can present a different number using our PBX.

Can I do this with our Officeserv 7200?

KR
S

If you go to 2.4.3 (MMC 323) you configure the outgoing CLI on a per extension basis, it is usually in the format of the whole number minus the leading 0

Most carriers will only allow you to send a number you own already in the DID numbering

Thanks for your help with this. We configured the settings (despite being reassured by the SIP trunk provider that this was compatible) and it blocks the call when we set a specific outbound CLI.

The provider, although highly regarded, doesn't seem to be able to define why! they just say that its not the way they were expecting it to be presented. Is there any way to change the presentation so I can alter it on a trial / error basis?

@bernie4321,

I would have preferred to ask you my question, however i didnt see the option to send a direct message to you.

I could see that you have had some experience with the Samsung OS7100. My company recently got a customer that wants a SIP trunk for the OS7100 and i am not very familiar with this PBX, i have dealt majorly with Avaya IPO, CISCO and Asterisk based PBX's.

I have managed to configure the SIP trunk for inbound calls successfully as this works perfect. The challenge is however getting to configure outbound dialing.i have followed tonnes of documents i found online without any luck. I would appreciate your help on this one.

Regards,

Akpevwe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back