Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outbound Caller ID for new DID range

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterRacker

Oct 13, 1999
US
I am preparing to bring in a new range of DID numbers. Currently we have two 100 number DID blocks that map to extensions 36xx and 51xx. We're going to be porting a 20 number block as 87xx. Our current DIDs havea prefix that ends in 5, the new ones will end in 8.

I am set to create extensions in the 87xx range but I can't get them to display the proper number on outbound Caller ID.

The beginning of my public unknown-numbering table looks as follows:
[tt] NUMBERING - PUBLIC/UNKNOWN FORMAT
Total
Ext Ext Trk CPN CPN
Len Code Grp(s) Prefix Len
4 1 1 xxxxx53600 10
4 1 99 4
4 3 99 4
4 5 99 4
4 6 99 4
4 36 1 nnnnn5 10
4 51 1 nnnnn5 10
4 87 1 nnnnn8 10[/tt]
The 36's and 51's display correctly but my test station 8700 shows as xxxxx53600.

Even if I explicitly define 8700 [tt] 4 8700 1 xxxxx838700 10[/tt] it still displays as the generic 3600 number.

I don't know what trunk group 99 is. It's labeled as "msgserver". I'm guessing it has something to do with the voice mail interface rather than outbound calling.

What step might I be missing in setting up a new range?

Thanks.

Jeff
[small][purple]It's never too early to begin preparing for [/purple]International Talk Like a Pirate Day
"The software I buy sucks, The software I write sucks. It's time to give up and have a beer..." - Me[/small]

99 is your Voice mail group , Are these numbers using the same trunk and route pattern , run a list trace of the station and see what output you actually send to line as ars digits may be manipulated.

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

The calls go out the same trunk and route-pattern. The correct Calling Number & Name appear in the trace. This makes me want to guess that our service provider is blocking the info since we don't own the new range yet so it would constitute spoofing. I will call them, but in the meantime is this possible?

Jeff
[small][purple]It's never too early to begin preparing for [/purple]International Talk Like a Pirate Day
"The software I buy sucks, The software I write sucks. It's time to give up and have a beer..." - Me[/small]

run a "list trace station 8700" and make an outbound call from station 8700.

display public-unknown-numbering 0 ext-digits 8700
4 8700 1 3213123214 10

should result in your trace saying:
Calling Number & Name 3213123214 NO-CPName

in which case yes, it is likely your carrier changing the calling number out for the BTN or some other number.

if your trace instead says:
Calling Number & Name NO-CPNumber NO-CPName

Then there's something on the Avaya side affecting it.

Definitely the carrier based on what you have said. I have played with this a lot and if you attempt to send a number out that does not match the range provided, then the lead number is sent.

So there are 2 things to consider, has the new DDI range been ported yet? if not, once it has, try it again.

Also, there is a feature that you can enable from the provider called "DDI CLIP NO SCREENING" this means that you can send out any DDI number (even if it is not in your range) - you have to sign some legal documents to say you will not send out a number that you do not own.

The idea behind this is if you have multiple incoming DDI's on multiple trunks, but all outgoing calls use a single trunk, so you would be able to display all DDI ranges over that one trunk.

Hope that helps.

------------------------------------------
Self Taught Genius!!

I agree the carrier is blocking the numbers , keep at them with a big stick

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

Thanks all.

No need to hit them. ;-) As I said I'm preparing in advance for the new range. I want to have the extensions, voice mail boxes, etc. pre-set up so it all automagically works when we do the actual port. With luck we'll have almost no downtime for the transition.

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back