Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outbound Caller ID Delivery Opt.11/Panasonic PBX

Status
Not open for further replies.

allaboutphones

Technical User
Sep 19, 2002
US
I have a client that recently connected a remote location to their Opt. 11, rel. 3 PBX. The remote location has a Panasonic PBX. It was supposed to be connected with 2 PRI T1's but the Panasonic and Nortel vendors could not make the PRI's work between the two switches, so they set them up as standard inband T1's. The Opt. 11 is set up with PRI to the CO and PRI to their main office. The inband T1's are being delivered to the Panasonic with NTRB21 cards.

The problem they are having is that when the the Panasonic phones make a phone call, no outbound calling line ID is being sent to the outside world (either the CO or the main office).

The Panasonic cannot send the CLID because they are standard T1's to the Opt. 11. The question I have is can the Opt. 11 be programmed to send a specific CLID based on a Trunk or T1 that the call is being originated on? Or, are they stuck sending no CLID at all? As it is, the CO is sending the default CLID on the CO T1 and LD calls (routed through the main office) are not sending any CLID, so some of their calls are being blocked by end users.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

I don't think you can attach a CLID table entry to a trunk.

NCSS NCTS NCTE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back