Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outbound call through IPO 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

papic

Technical User
Oct 15, 2003
FR
Hi All,

I have IPO in one city and Definity PBX in other, connected with each other via IP trunks.

Is it possible to make outbound call through IPO, initiated from Definity extension?
With other words, is it possible to make a call through IP trunk, from Definity extension, then through IPO to PSTN in another city?

What should I set to make this option, if it is possible?

Aleksandar

I have used breakout from IPO to IPO, so this should be no problem.
digits recieved on an IP trunt ar proccessed in exactly the same way as calls dialed on switch
is 1st check for match aganst extn/group no. then check against short codes.

profided the definity sends the digits that would be needed for an outbound call from the IPO you should be fine.
(ie send iether telephone number or 9 + telephone number if 9 for line is reqd. on IPO)

Definity:
I'm not sure how, but you need make a prefix which will route dialed number throught IP trunk to IPO.
I think you can do this with commands: ARS and ROUTE-PATTERN...

For example when you dial 555 1000 (555 as area code), then route command adds prefix (987), which routes call through IP trunk as 9875551000. Following short code on IPO makes call to PSTN...

IP Office, short code:
Shrt. code: 9875551000 ----> number received from Definity
Tel. Numb: 5551000 ----> number to be dialed
Line: 0 ----> access to local trunk
Feature: Dial

Be sure that IP trunk is already set up on Definity & IPO... I hope it helps :)

VanZenden,

I have a question about the shortcodes on the IPO : If I have a range of DID numbers coming in from the PSTN on my PRI that I want to turn back around out the PRI and forward to another number in a different prefix how do I do this?

Can I use just the ShortCode or do I also have to use the Incoming call Route? I have tried so many combinations so far and I am still having no luck.

Thanks.

I did this on our system by setting up a phantom user that has forward unconditional on and put the number in the field and in the incoming call route for that number send it to that user so it gets forwarded back out.

Use an incomming call route & manualy enter the destination field.

You need to enter the digits that a user would dial on a phone to make the call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back