Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outbound Call Routing

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIS
Aug 21, 2001
US
I've got 4 inbound/outbound T1s and 1 ISDN-PRI T1 with Toll free numbers riding on these circuits. Recently, another carrier offers me a very competive rate on T1s. I want to try out one T as an outbound traffic T only.

Is it possible for G3si Definity to configure this T1 to be used as a primary outbound T with the rest of the T1s from my existing carrier as a backup for overflow outbound traffic?

Thanks
Chuck

yes you will need to set up your ars tables. I do not have access to a definity at the moment or I could give you more info but it is possible.

José

Please let me know if this was helpful

Yes,

It's pretty straightforward - have a look in your ARS Table (change ARS analysis xxx - where xxx is the first three outbound digitis - note the route table. As it sounds like you have a pretty small set-up it sounds likely that all outbound are going down the one route table. In that route table (change route xx) you will see a number of trunks, the first trunk should be the one you want to test - only when this is full will it roll over to the next trunk.

Hope this helps,

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back