Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Out put when 2 different connections given at Session level

Status
Not open for further replies.

srvu

Programmer
Apr 29, 2008
US
What will happen when i given connection value (for target) in Mappings tab as well as different connection value for same target in my Parameter file?

And what will be the output if parameter file is empty, where i have defined Mapping Parameter at Mapping level and no initial value is defined?

srvu

If you are using a Parameter File, you will need to set the connection value in the Session / Mapping Tab to a "$" variable value. Then, the Parameter file will contain an entry for that "$" value that matches a Connection Name.

If you execute a Session that is set up to use a Parameter File, and the Parameter File does not contain all needed values, the Session will not run. You will get a message... "Missing Initial Value for session parameter", and the "$" variable will be included in the message.

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back