Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

out of space on c drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

thattekguy

Vendor
Feb 2, 2007
US
I am trying to install some peps on cpilot 4.0 201 server. I am trying to install manager and it tells me I ran out of space on my c drive, I already looked thru some temp files and deleted them but I am about 100mg short still. Any ideas..?

if you will post the peps you have now i will post need.
also what tnphoneman said there is pep to make space on the c: drive and also go to the the start menu then to programs
then to accessories then to system tools do a disk cleanup
leave everything that is checked and also check the compress
old files you probably have a whole lot the run the disk cleanup that will free up alot of space.i will wait to see
what you post as far as peps.

no problems only solutions

strmwalker

i think there is a patch that fixes this problem.

There is a pep, it is part of the recommended peps,it is cpdskpep001s, but my problem is my c drive told me I had 490 mg available and that a minimum of 450 was needed so I started to load su04 and then my cpilot manager, but the manager failed because I had no more space. I just didnt know what step might be the best next step to try, since manager is supposed to be loaded the same time as su04 and I don't like going off the path.Anyway I loaded pep001s and then manager, and it went. I still ran out of room when it came time to load sp2, I then ran ccleaner on the c drive and all went in fine after that. I never use 3rd party app's especially on callpilot server, but I was desperate and it worked.

there is a procedure on how to load the peps and in what
order all you would have done was to put the su04 pep
the new callpilot manager peps after that i would have ran cleanup disk then put the secpep the the dskpep last
to be install sp2 pep in that order .

no problems only solutions

strmwalker

I assume you are needing to install the SP2 pep....

Follow this link
Select CallPilot SECSP2S_Readme and when it asks for a password it is password.

Here is an excerpt from the readme...

-If you set the User Environment Variable TMP (Start -> Control Panel -> System -> Advanced -> Environment Variables) to D:\TEMP\TMP, this will cause the CPSECPEPSP2S installer to unpack its files onto the D: drive instead of to the default temp folder (C:\Documents And Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp). These actions will reduce the space on C: drive needed during the CPSECPEPSP2S install by 400 MB.

I would get the entire readme because of the other things it has for making space.

Signature===========================================

Aastra Authorized Reseller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back